Monday, March 19, 2007

under and under and under and under

I spent 6 hours procrastinating on Friday, went home for the weekend with no books, on purpose so I could have a genuine, enforced mental break. Still had "need...to...work" in the back of my mind but at least I did stuff that wasn't working, rather than sitting down to work and getting up 3 hours later having achieved nothing. I actually felt like doing some Russian at 5pm on Sunday, but couldn't, due to no books. I finally got back at 11pm but had no motivation at all. One cause of my work troubles is poor light. When I'm a grown up I'm going to spend all my money on exceedingly bright bulbs. And huge towels. I thought about going to sleep early to get up early, sunlight is the best light. But I didn't. I just can't get up if the only thing to make me is self-inforced RUS'. I called procrastinated some more. I called Ben. I slept. Got up at 10 this morning. Have spent about four hours procrastinating today, but I got a first in an essay I got back that I thought would be a diaster. This morning I wrote some words in Russian about my future aspirations and dreams "In five years time I will be independent. Perhaps I will be married." But then that means I won't be independent, but will have chosen to be dependent. Thus, asserting my independence.

No comments: