Sunday, March 11, 2007

from the non-specific north west

This wasn't what was originally on my mind as I came to blog just now, but I just wrote North West and now need a quick, mild rant before I can continue.

We did a practice listening exam in Russian the other day, and one of the questions was a weather forcast, and we had to write down what kind of weather, and temperature it was going to be in several areas of Russia, which we also had to work out and write down. One area was South West Siberia, and one was East Siberia, but I didn't have much time, so I wrote down 'SW Siberia' and 'E Siberia', and got marked wrong. She put a question mark next to the letters and gave me no marks. Seriously. Is that not clear enough? Aparently not, I'll just have to remember for the actual exam.

Anyway. Today is an absolutely glorious day. I am wearing jeans and a vest top and a t shirt and it's warm and sunny and bright :) I swear it was like this in May last year. I am not, however, getting my hopes up. I am ready for wind and rain. But I don't want it.

I super-cheery-happy today. The sun has helped.

But also, yesterday I got up after one. Today I got up at 7.20am and by 1.15, about when I got up yesterday, I had done the following things :

  • Dressed
  • Brushed teeth
  • Walked to church
  • Had church
  • Walked back from church
  • Read Luke 13
  • Cooked and prepared and ate a real meal
  • Finished the essay I don't understand - an addition of 750 words
  • Called Ben
  • Read for an hour
  • Wrote another 100 or so words for the essay that I do understand
  • Went downstairs to do laundry, but discovered all the machines were taken
  • Had a shower
  • Got dressed again
  • Went to talk to Maria

She was still asleep. In this case, the early bird has caught the worm. And she's not letting it wriggle away.

No comments: