Friday, March 16, 2007

this is a wasteland now

I am in a fuzzled-confused mood.

I just spent an hour reading about the number and type of museums in the former Soviet Republics, and how popular they are in each of the republics. All in Russian. What am I here for?

I just went to Tesco and bought, from the reduced section, 400g of strawberries for 74p, and a loaf of bread for 28p and some organic rocket, watercress and spinach salad because the friendly yellow sticker makes it OK to spend £2.34 on stuff that will go off before Monday on the day before I'm going home, so unlikely to make the most of it.

I also bought some seafood sticks, I haven't had them for a while. I just took them out of the wrapper. I'm going to turn into an Independent "war against waste" campaigner for a second. They are vac-packed. But then in another plastic wrapper with "Tesco" written on it and a picture of the sea. Why oh why and what for? Nevermind. The other thing I noticed was that between the vac-pack and the pack-pack there was some condensation/wetness. Which really smells of mould. Even more so than my tap water tastes of mould.

I can't wait for Yorkshire Water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know what you mean about London water. I'm back in York tomorrow, and looking forwards to the York variety of Yorkshire water! Bradford is like a super-market-own-brand imitation!
Graham