Wednesday, August 09, 2006

the creaking of the walls and the banging of the bed

I just watched Hollyoaks. Is it a little bit wrong to find Foz strangely attractive? I think it's the voice.

But then, he does sound like he could lead a cult, so maybe he's just brainwashed me into the "voice cult".

Maybe he is the leader of a cult, I'm pretty sure a cult is one of the very few storylines Hollyoaks hasn't tackled. It's definitely time for a cult storyline in a British soap, there's been cults in both Summer Bay and Rasmay Street, it's time we got in on the action. I can't see it happening in Albert Square or Coronation Street, but I reckon HCC is prime recruiting ground.

I could even see a commune being set up on the wild hillsides of Emmerdale. The differing reactions of the villagers would cause great tensions, the nation would be gripped as a bride-to-be battles with her conscience over whether she should marry her fiance or join The Believers as their queen, culminating in a Christmas special (when else?) in which she, after much deliberation, turns up to her wedding to that the vicar has deserted the Church of England for a chance to serve as an altar boy for the High Priest of the commune. In the ensuing drama involving getting a registrar up from Leeds the perform the ceremony at short notice no one notices that her fiance's headless and heartless body is lying among sheep on the hillside, and it is, in fact, his evil twin in the morning suit at the front of the church. It's only when a sheep dog drags an arm into the pub at midnight on new year's eve that anyone notices that the real groom is missing.

Apparently, I like tangents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is wrong to think of Foz like that. Although I have a thing for the fawn from Narnia and 16-year-old Alex Pettyfer so who am I to comment. Wrong still.