Thursday, September 13, 2007

you were an island to discover

Somehow I'm more worried and/or stressed about going to London tomorrow than I was this time last year. But this year it's in a quiet, exhausted way, not a run-around way.

And this time round I know things I didn't know last time including

  • Who I'll be living with
  • Exactly where I'll be living
  • What my rooom looks like
  • That the kitchen is a sensible size
  • How to get to uni
  • How to get into the library
  • How to understand the library codes
  • What courses I'm doing
  • Who I'll be doing them with
  • Who I like
  • Who I don't
  • That I will have a job
  • Where the nearest supermarket is to my flat
  • What I'm doing nearly every day next week

I haven't managed to convey how I'm really feeling.

But maybe I like surprises.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is an illusion that we have complete control over our lives. We do not. In the future perhaps it would be a good idea to seek work that is capable of surprising you in addition to the many other things that people look for in a job.