Wednesday, September 20, 2006

she is definitely pretty

Firstly, is it just me, or does Russel Brand (that looks like I've spelt something wrong) bear at least a little of resemblance to Johnny Depp character in Pirates of the Carribean?

Secondly, I'm eating "Squeeze Me" marmite on toast. It tastes different. I swear. And squeezy marmite? No, it's just not right, you have to scrape from the jar. It's rubbish. And it costs an extra pound for the novelty. I normally love gimmicks and willingly pay throught the nose for them. Something is very wrong about this.

Thirdly, I'm going to uni at the weekend and I'm so not ready, not at all. But, it'll be fine, it will have to be fine, so it will. I'm only slightly less organised than I was for Tanzania (which was not very) and considering the fact that I'm only going 200 miles south rather than properly ages away to place where I speak the language, have been before, isn't a 45 minute walk uphill on a mud track that becomes steadily more impassable by car in the rainy season, and has more services avaliable than I have at home, I should be fine. Even though I haven't started packing or decided what to take or even in which bag. Or worked out when I'm going to do it. I think it'll have to be tonight, because it's either tonight or Friday night, and I think that's pushing it a little, even for me given that I'm leaving at foolish o'clock (6am) on Saturday.

The other main issue is that of my impending degree course. I dug out my history reading list yesterday. I haven't read any of it. None. I got a copy of the lovely slimline Russian Revolution by Robert Service, and am making decent progress, but it is a very small book. I'm also struggling with the cyrillic alphabet; it makes my head hurt :( I haven't done any academic work in over a year! I'm not sure I can still write.

And this is why I'm not organised. Because in order to start the organisational process, I have to think about all the things I should have already done.

No comments: