Thursday, July 12, 2007

i'll go home and mull this over

On Tuesday I bought some shoes. They are flat. I wore them for 10 minutes and they made me feet bleed. My feet hurt more than with any other pair of shoes I have ever worn. (Excluding a pair of 4-inch gold stillettoes, but I did wear them and dance in them for 5 hours) Yesterday I tired taking them back despite the fact that I had clearly worn them, argued with the shop assistant "They must be faulty, you shouldn't sell such poor quality shoes, I didn't expect this from a market leader, if I had known I wouldn't have bought them, etc". I failed. Today Ben heard the staff in that shop bitching about me and I am stuck with a pair of shoes that I can't wear.

Yesterday I saw a man drop his McDonalds burger on the floor just as his friend took a step. The friend unfortunately stepped straight into the burger-casualty leaving a meaty cheesy mess lying mid-pavement on Bootham. Were my stomach weaker, the side would have been vomit-inducing.

This is what the world offers.
Cheap shoes that hurt.
Cheap food that makes you vomit.
Both of which damaged something else in the process.
People that bitch about you when you can't accept this.

Despite this realisation, I have been to that shop three days in a row now and bought chips in McD's 3 hours ago.

It clearly made a big impression on me.
It's hard to walk away from.

No comments: