Friday, October 20, 2006

without a second look you took me miles away

Apparently I only remember to blog when I've either got washing to do or washing in the machine.

First of all I'd like to point out that Ben who leaves comments about me being hot in skinny jeans and having stains on my duvet is in fact, not my lovely boyfriend, but someone I don't know. So don't judge him. My Ben that is. You can judge the other one.

I'm just signing up to the Psychology department research list. This means I'll be able to browse, sign up for and participate in studies like "Want some free money? If yes, come to room X and answer some simple maths and english questions while looking at different colours. This is an important part of a what will be a tremendously insightful study into the effects of colours on different parts of the human brain." This is good because a. I like free money and b. I actually quite like the stupid tests psychologists make you do.

I had my only lecture lecture of the week this morning and the lecturer had projecter issues. That's a computer projecter, not an old-school overhead acetate jobby; those things never break. The other day in a seminar Dr Seth had problems with his projector too, and this made me think, can anyone actually use these things? Does it ever go smoothly? Has anyone ever plugged it in, pressed on and been ready to go? I think not. I also think that it shouldn't have to be this way.

So here is my plea to anyone technology minded and that way inclined : re-design the projector. Make it simple. Make it work. Please.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Just to avoid further confusion before I get to my actual comment, I'm the Ben who Betty doesn't know.

I don't recall saying you looked 'hot' in the jeans. I think I probably said something like 'very fetching'. I'm nowhere near heterosexual enough to be a reliable judge of hotness.

And as for the duvet comment - surely everyone drinks tea in bed?