Tuesday, October 31, 2006

someone that you love too much

I've been in London for 6 ish weeks. And it's good, it's so un-provincial, so full of everything anyone could ever want or need, it's a capital city obviously, and therefore has everything cultural and historical (well that's not really true) and despite my previous rantings "London is not the centre of the universe, the country does not not revolve around London etc" I have to say that now I'm in the centre of the universe; the country is revolving around me. But actually, if I hadn't been outside London, I wouldn't know the rest of Britain exists. London is a metropolitan bubble. It's amazing. I talk in tube stops, I no longer refer to the blue line, I get asked for directions, I see "TV special" silver police cars every day.

I'm meeting people. I'm studying. I'm having fun. I'm lying in.

But I really, really just want to talk to someone I already know.

No comments: