Thursday, July 20, 2006

do you want to see the world, do you want to see the world?

Well, apparently I don't. M&D&K are going on holiday to Egypt tonight without me but with one of Kat's friends. After a small bout of "What! She's taking a friend!" jealously/annoyance, I realise quickly that this is what I want. And am therefore pleased.

Billie and Ruth return from their world-like adventures in 2 weeks - hooray! And as proved by their last couple of emails and photo updates, they are indeed having an Exciting Time exploring the wonders of India. All the Tanzania guys are starting to arrive home after various stints of "independent travel" at the ends of their placements. Lucy's going to India, Kate's in Brazil, Jack's going to the Ukraine, Ben's going to Germany, Luke's just returned from a spontaneous trip to Turkey and is interrailing-it in September. There's a whole world waiting to be explored!!!

And the British Navy is exacuating tourists from Lebanon because Israel's "turning the clock back 20 years".

Oh well. I'm going to Preston at the weekend :) That's adventurous, and bonus, there's no tanks there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And we too could be on the exploration adventure train, if we weren't so shit and lazy. Oh well you can explore Wagamama and Nando's with me in Manchester instead. Am thinking I should probably do the living abroad thing at some point, even though I've got way more living-abroad experience than anyone on my course will have. So there. But still, I should.